3-Column Background html


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Finished projects

I just wanted to post some pix of my currently finished projects around the home. And yes, I generally forget about taking the 'before' pictures. I'll let you know when I have a before...but for now, I promise to be more diligent in the future!

I recently completed two desk chairs for my daughters. I found these two lovelies at the local Goodwill for $4.99 each...Oh you read that correctly. Five.Bucks.Per.Chair. Of course, they were *gack* hideous when I found them. Spidery, musty, gah-ross. I actually do have a before pix on my camera somewhere; I will upload it when I remember.

Anyhoo, these chairs were stuffed with -- wait for it -- STRAW. As in, horse bedding. Bug-tastic horse bedding. So, after discovering this I immediately wrapped the innards in double plastic bags and toted those off to the garbage.  I painted, distressed, re-webbed, new-foamed, and reupholstered these beauties. And yes I know some of those aren't real words, but just go with me here.

They turned out soooooo nice. Just perfect for two tween gals who needed something of their own.
Here they are --

Aren't they sweet?? Sam's green chair has a bow on the back because there is a crack under there. The spindle is broken and I wood glued it, but it is still a bit dicey. I think the bow is a nice touch.

I added fringe and tack detailing just because I thought it added a bit of whimsy.
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I just love what you did with these chairs, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I like the green one in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...