3-Column Background html


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holly Jolly weekend

How was your weekend? Ours was holiday-tastic! We started Saturday with SNOW! (fyi, I am not exclamation-point-level excited, but my kids and dogs were). I actually do love that first 'real' snow of the season. You know, the one that actually sticks and accumulates (preferably below the 2-inch accumulation point)? It looks all Currier-and-Ives and no one is complaining -- yet. Sigh...it actually was the best timing.

I say the best timing because later that morning, we attended the Elves Shelves shopping event at our school. Elves Shelves definitely needs snow -- according to my kids. Gracie was performing with her chorus club, so it was a doubly exciting day. Well, triple-y exciting if you count the snow! We adults were able to spend the morning chatting it up with our neighbors, friends, and all the wonderful teachers we have gotten to know over the years. A great start to the weekend.

After that, the hubs and I decided it was time to buckle down and buy a Christmas tree. We always try to put it off for a couple of weeks after Thanksgiving -- it seems that if we don't, we are crabbing about a dry tree right after the New Year. Really, never a good way to start off a year. So, anyhoo, we got a lovely 8-footer that is probably the bushiest tree we've ever purchased. I am serious -- when I was putting the lights on today, I was almost shoulder-deep trying to get those buggers in by the trunk! And in the end, I was also coated in sap. Which is a good thing. Not having that would mean it was already a dry tree -- and we would not want that at all! Trust me...an 8 or 9 foot piece of kindling sitting in your living room is really not festive. My only hope is that my dogs do not see it as indoor plumbing yet again. That's right. I said AGAIN. Don't ask.

Now, I will admit I tend to become a little obsessive at the holidays in regard to decorating. I literally put something in EVERY room of the house. Well, okay, not the utility room or laundry room but otherwise -- every room. Oh, and I also have 6 artificial trees that have their various set locations throughout our home. Yep -- obsessive. So far, I have only gotten the dining room completed. The whole house will be fabulous once done, but that may not be until the end of this week. My son said today -- "don't you ever get sick of holiday decorating?" Um, no. Never. Love it. Love. It.

And it is now 11:30 on Sunday night and I can't fall asleep. Visions of the festive possibilities are swilling in my head. Like sugarplums if you will. I'll post pix in the a.m. I tried to take some tonight and they are not good. Apparently lighting at 11:00 p.m. is hideous -- who knew -- I am never up this late. Lesson learned - pix during daylight only until I totally figure out my camera. So, yeah, that would mean pix only during the daylight from now on. Heh.

Hope you had a great, festive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...