3-Column Background html


Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday morning aches

For goodness sake, I really need this flu virus to leave my household. Let me explain myself...

First, our daughter was sick two weeks ago. Really sick, as in a week out of school. Then I got the virus. Not as bad, but terribly achy and exhausted. Thought I was over it and we were good to go.

HA! How naive of me to think it would be done so quickly. 

Late last week, I was feeling better and wanted to be out and about. I went to the beach with my hubs (Lake Michigan - to collect rocks, of course), I cooked full dinners from scratch, ran to the store for necessities, walked the dogs in the glorious sunshine, and I was even up scrubbing the bathrooms and bleaching the house. And then I woke up Sunday morning. 

Asshat.

This flu, that is. This flu virus is a major asshat.  

I woke up at 7:00a terribly achy Sunday morning. I got up, started the day thinking it would subside. Then I took a nap -- at 9:30a. For TWO HOURS. Got up again and was in a total haze. Took a shower because, that should help wake me up, right?? Seriously, I think I was firing on only 2 cylinders. Decided I needed to change location to get my mojo back up and running. That worked for another few hours. Hubs and I decided to watch a movie. Made it one hour into the show, then took ANOTHER NAP. Again -- it was TWO HOURS. Got up, finished the movie. Went to bed at 9:30p and slept until 6:00a this morning. 

WTF flu virus?? I slept yesterday more than I was awake. This morning, I again am completely achy and am doing my best not to nap. I really want to gargle with bleach and run it through my veins. I have never had my ass handed to me like this from a flu virus. Blerg. I feel like I have been run over by a convoy of trucks, not just one truck.

But enough about my viral hell. 

The reason I am really on here today is because I wanted to show you the projects I DID finish last week during my small surge of energy. 

The gardening planter I was working on? Yep, it is done...and it is ADORABLE! Just what I had pictured. 



Perfection -- Am I right???

Additionally, I had started working on an old, small globe that I purchased at the resale for $1.99. It is about 10" tall and the globe itself is about 5" in diameter. 
I painted the globe black, spray painted the stand gold, and added a cute little message:  "Darling YOU are my Greatest Adventure"... 


Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.

I still have to put a layer of ModPodge on the globe, to make sure none of the vinyl peels up. But I just looooooove how it turned out. Now I'm on the hunt for other globes so I can make even more!

Enjoy the rest of your day -- I'm off to take another nap with my heating pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...