3-Column Background html


Thursday, March 1, 2018

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone...

I've been laying low the last few days. My daughter's flu from last week? Yep, I have it as well, but nowhere near as bad as her bout. I have been hanging out in bed with terrible aches (especially in my lower back), occasional cough and some random stuffiness. Some times I'm congested, other times nothing. Weird. Oh, and exhaustion. Crazy exhaustion. I'm talking three naps a day. I feel like I've run a marathon. But no worries, I'm on the mend...today I am only slightly achy so far. I will take that as a good sign. Fingers crossed!

Good thing I am feeling better because I have a project mid-stream hanging out on my kitchen table. I started it this past weekend after my hubs and I went out to the resale shops in the area. I found this adorable small wooden toolbox and I am turning it into an herb container garden. I need a little Spring here in Chicago -- I think this will do the trick. 

This is one of those little boxes they have the kids build at Home Depot. You know what I am talking about... 



I cleaned it out and removed the dowel handle (which I will reattach after it is painted a contrasting color). I've chosen a nice dark purple mixed with a little bit of gray paint. I am thinking the handle will be ivory and gold, then I may create a little vinyl doodad to put on the front of the planter. 




For the herbs, we have four small terra cotta pots that fit neatly inside. I am going to leave those as is...I love the natural color of terra cotta pots. As for the herbs, I'll probably plant our favorites -- thyme, basil, oregano, parsley.

I'm going to try my best to finish this one up today. I have a couple of other projects up my sleeve as well. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...