3-Column Background html


Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Spring has sprung?

Such a lovely day here in Chicagoland. Let me set the stage for you...

The morning started sunny, with a hint of humidity in the air. High 50's, which is amazing for this time of year in northern Illinois. Nice!


Fast forward to 1:00 p.m. -- somewhat misty rain has started and it is now a whopping 64F degrees. What??? Needless to say, I had all my car windows down as I was cruising home from Target. 

It was glorious. 

I also sent a picture of the temp on my display to my KU girlie (because it is 29F and icy rain in Lawrence today. Ha!). Yes, that is the kind of mom that I am. 


So now it's about 5:00p, it has dropped to 44F, and it has been full-out raining since 1:30p. My sump pump has been going to town. To top it off, apparently I now own lakefront property -- our backyard now leads to a ever-growing pool in the field behind our house.

Thank goodness the berm of leaves we create each fall is holding strong. When we moved in 20 years ago, we knew that the field behind us had a little bit of wetlands. No worries though. We don't mind all the water as long as it stays on the far side of our lovely leaf berm. It guarantees us that in the late spring and long into the summer, we will be able to hear frogs singing each night. Which is THE most magical sound...aahhh.

So, for now, all is good. I am headed downstairs to double-check on the sump pump, let the dogs out, and get started on some dinner. Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...