3-Column Background html


Saturday, February 17, 2018

Blerg...

Blerg...

I feel like I have a 10-gallon drum of congestion in my sinuses. ((blows nose)) Being sick sucks. And before you ask -- Yes, I did indeed get a flu shot this year. But this is not flu. Just your garden variety cold virus. 

You see, silly me, I was travelling last week and totally forgot to up my vitamin C intake. 

I first thought about it as I got into the airport and saw people milling about, wiping their noses and touching everything. Gross. I thought about it again as I got on the airplane with an alarming number of sniffling and coughing passengers. Again, gross, and cover your mouth, please! Then once I landed...I promptly forgot. Oy. And now here I sit, up since 3:30 a.m., dripping like a faucet from my very raw and sensitive nose. 

They say it is 7-10 days incubation for a cold virus. Yep, spot on. Thank you, fellow travelers, for bringing your petri dish selves onto my flight. Now we can all share in your viral suffering. 

Seriously, just stay home if you're sick. Really, it's okay, I promise!

My poor hubs has had to listen to me for the last 24 hours as I snort and sniffle my way through the day. He's doing his best to make sure I am comfy and feeling as good as possible, all things considered. I have hot tea, tissues, a bag for the gross used tissues (because, EWWW, I am not going to leave those sitting on my nightstand), and lip balm. All the necessities. Hopefully by Monday, I will be able to breath out of both nostrils at the same time. Woo hoo! ((blows nose again)) I always take that for granted until it is not possible...such a luxury.

But onto better subjects. With less germs.

So last night, I was freezing. Seriously, I am Queen of the Hot Flashes, yet I was wearing 2 shirts, a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and thermal socks. Not my best look. As I said, I was sitting there freezing when my pups all decided it was their job to come onto the bed and help warm me up. (I love being their alpha...)

Anyhoo, as I sat with the pupsters, our little guy, Bailey, decided that his brother would make a good pillow. Not his twin brother, but his BIG brother, Gus. It was adorable... see for yourself.



This is not the first time that Bailey has decided to lean on his big bro. They've been like this for years. How sweet is their bond?? Gus lets Bailey clamber all over him, sleep on him, curl up for extra heat. You get the picture. Best big brother Bailey could ask for. And a cute photo op to boot!

So there it is, my effort for this morning. I'm off to take care of myself as the sun is now rising. I need to get more tea and more cold meds. And some Shea butter for my nose. Ouch.

Have a great weekend -- and take your Vitamin C! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...